Candidates seeking employment with the Life Insurance Company of India may take the LIC Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) exam. The most important employee in the LIC office is the AAO since everything that needs to be done requires their approval. The position offers sizable pay and additional benefits.
The Life Insurance Company of India is the biggest insurer in India. Every year, LIC conducts the LIC exam to recruit suitable candidates for various roles such as LIC AAO, LIC ADO, LIC HFL, LIC DSE, LIC FSE, etc. It is a Mumbai-based, state-owned insurance and investment organisation.
Candidates will be selected for the posts of the LIC AAO through a three-tiered process consisting of a LIC AAO Preliminary and Mains exam, followed by an interview. For the candidates who want to ace the LIC AAO exam in one go, we have provided a smart strategy and tips and tricks to help them prepare better and get through the exam successfully.
Preparation Tips for the LIC AAO Exam
Before taking any competitive exam, candidates should understand a few things about the exam, the types of questions asked and keep some basic things in mind. Given below are a few general preparation tips for candidates to plan the exam better. These tips will be helpful for both preparing and taking the test.
- Understand the LIC AAO exam pattern and syllabus: First, familiarise yourself with the exam format and syllabus thoroughly. It is essential to understand the exam pattern and the entire syllabus fully. The LIC AAO Prelims exam has three subjects: Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and English. A timetable should be planned, with an equal amount of time allotted for each subject. Avoid skipping any topics because they are all equally important.
- Revise fundamental concepts: Make the fundamental topics of every subject strong. Build a solid foundation. A solid foundation will enable you to answer any exam question. This is essential for disciplines that use both mathematical and scientific formulas. Candidates applying for IT, CA, Actuarial and Rajbhasha should be well-prepared for their professional subject section because doing so will improve their exam results.
- Learn tables and formulae: To score well in the Quantitative Aptitude and solve questions in less time for Reasoning Sections, candidates must learn formulae, tables, cubes and squares. This helps to speed up the calculation, and candidates can attempt more questions in less time. Also, because this is recruitment for technical positions, all candidates who want to perform well should have a solid understanding of scientific principles.
- Practise mock tests: Candidates should frequently take mock tests to get a sense of the exam structure and to keep the level of their speed. Solving mock tests is the best method for determining the preparation level. It also helps with time management and stress management, increases accuracy and maintains speed.
- Make everyday reading a habit: Every day reading the newspapers and magazines will help all aspirants with the English section of the exam to understand the language better, improve their reading speed and make better sentences. Candidates who regularly read newspapers will gain the ability to keep up with current events on a global scale in order to perform well on the General Awareness section of the exam.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses: Applicants should carefully analyse their performance while preparing for the exam and look for their strengths and weaknesses. Candidates can do their SWOT analysis – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats – after taking mock exams to see how they can improve. Work on the weaknesses and focus on the strengths to score maximum marks in these areas.
- Focus on revision: It is essential to revise what has been read and learned multiple times. The revision will help candidates to recall the points and topics in the examination easily. They should create a list of the important revision areas, along with any formulas or brief notes for a quick revision.
These preparation tips will help all aspirants to plan their preparation and score better in the examination. The LIC AAO exam is the most sought-after insurance exam in the nation and is conducted to recruit thousands of candidates from all over India. Candidates should keep a check on the latest updates for the exam by visiting the official website of the LIC.
In addition to the above tips, maintain your composure since undue pressure and tension might affect performance. Maintain your composure and optimism so that everything will go smoothly. To avoid any last-minute stress, begin the preparations well in advance.