Highly alluring and exquisite, gemstones are leveraging the beauty of jewelry lovers globally for centuries.
Their vibrant body, shimmering and sparkling shine and reflecting surface that ranges from being transparent to opaque, is what makes the jewelry lovers fall for them.
Well, all kinds and type of gemstones, from precious to semi-precious demands caring and safety to ensure their everlasting beauty and high value.
Each of us truly wish that our valuable pieces of your gemstone jewelry withstand the vortex of time.
For this to happen, you need to follow these 5 Actionable Gemstone Jewelry tips that work like a charm.
How to Clean Tarnished Gemstone Jewelry?
Gemstone jewelry like sterling silver jewelry and opal gemstone jewelry, that are quite sensitive to the impurities of external environment are bound to get tarnished after a certain point of time.
Well, there’s nothing to get disheartening about this fact.
Just a few wipes and you can re-store the shine and beauty of your precious gemstone jewelry.
Make a solution of warm water mixed with a few drops of a mild detergent or a soap. Just make sure that the soap or detergent should be free of chemicals like ammonia.
Put your tarnished or dirty gemstone jewelry into that solution and leave it undisturbed for a few minutes. The millecle formed by the soap solution will remove those stubborn dust and dirt particles from the surface of gemstones.
Use a brush or scrubber with soft bristles to clean jewelry. Don’t exert too much pressure. Apply pressure gently with a light hand.
Just pick out your jewelry and dry it with a micro-fabric or a jewelry cloth. And your eyes will get light up again.
How to Store Gemstone Jewelry?
Highly precious and valuable gemstone jewelry, like an elegant turquoise gemstone jewelry pendant or a black opal ring are meant to be for some specific occasions and festivals.
So, they need to be stored most of the time.
Never just throw them here and there. Being highly delicate and soft, they can suffer breakage or damage.
Remember to pack them in air-tight plastic bags, or zip locks. Being anti-moist, it will protect precious gemstones like emerald and ruby from rust and dirt.
Furthermore, always pack them separately. As in case of hustle-bustle, gemstones can bang against each other.
This is because gemstones vary in their hardness level. For instance, putting a diamond ring (a hard gemstone) with a moonstone gemstone ring (a soft gemstone) will eventually cause the latter to suffer damage and breakage.
Is it Good to Use Ultrasound for Gemstone Jewelry?
No doubt that ultrasound is a great and quite effective technique to re-store the shine and shimmer of those tarnished and torned gemstones.
It uses high frequency and ultrasound waves, which are transmitted through its liquid to scrub the surface of gemstone jewelry.
However, you need to be quite cautious with opal jewelry.
Being comparatively softer, the high pressure can chip of the surface of the jewelry. In case of hard gemstone like amethyst jewelry, you can use ultrasound cleaners to revive their lost beauty and elegance.
In a nutshell, the softer the gemstone, more vulnerable it becomes to damage when exposed to ultrasound.
To learn about the hardness of gemstones, you can use Mohs scale of hardness.
How to Take Care of your Gemstone Jewelry?
A few tips and hacks to ensure maximum care and look-after of those highly precious and adorable gemstone jewelry.
- Put them away from chemicals: All those chemically loaded cosmetics such as perfume, nail polish, shampoo, powders, etc. can take away the shine and shimmer of those alluring gemstone jewelry
- Take them off during household chore: Gemstones are highly soft and vulnerable to breakage if banged against hard surfaces while cleaning or gardening. Better to put them aside for a while
- Don’t put them in areas of excess heat: If exposed to increased heat, the normal temperature of these gemstones can cross the survival limit which can lead to cracks on their surface.
- Be gentle while cleaning them: Apply pressure with a light hand while cleaning gemstones. Furthermore, don’t use any random chemical or cloth. Be specific and cautious about the substances you are using to treat gemstone jewelry.
How to Ensure the Authenticity of Gemstone Jewelry?
One of the major concerns while butiyng gemstone jewelry is their authenticity.
As the gemstone jewelry market has breached its saturation, some fake players have penetrated with the aim to collect bugs at the cost of customer exploitation.
Although, modern technology might be in the favour of these fraud players, still there are some nunances that differ across fake and authentic gemstone jewelry.
The foremost being, real gemstones would always have inconsistent patterns on their surface. If you find a gemstone too much “perfect”, it’s probably a hoax then.
Highly vibrant and attractive gemstones like moonstone and opal jewelry depicts a blend of different colour acroos spectrum on their surface. Single-colour opal and moonstone having a pale colour grading are fake, besides being of degraded quality.
Fake gemstones are usually made-up of cheap quality and light-weight metals like plastic, howlit, glass etc.
Although some gemstones are naturally light-weight, but not as light that you can’t even feel their weight while adorning them.
Let’s summarize all the factors we have discussed above in short and brief:
- Warm water-detergent/soap solution to remove tarnishing and dirt from the surface of gemstone jewelry
- Ensure air-tight packaging of gemstone jewelry separately
- Don’t switch to ultrasound in case of soft and tender gemstone jewelry like opal
- To ensure lasting durability, adhere to basic tips to take care of those precious gemstone jewelry
- Authenticity should be on your mind while buying gemstone jewelry
Shop Gemstone Jewellery with us….
At Rananjay Exports, we have entrusted you with the onus to surge the beauty and elegance of our beloved customers with 100% authentic, high-quality gemstone jewelry.